The primary purpose of the Pilgrim Virgin Statue home family visitation is to aid families in responding to the requests made by the Blessed Mary during her apparitions at Fatima. The essence of her requests is threefold: Return to God; Make reparation for sins; Pray the Rosary for Peace.
Return to God. This means, very simply, turn away from sin and obey the ten Commandments.
Make reparation for sins. This means, very simply, practice some form of penance and sacrifice in atonement for our own sins and the sins of others. An offering of the sacrifices required in performing the daily duties of one’s state in life is a good starting point.
Pray the Rosary for Peace. She asked us to pray the Rosary every day.
The commitment required of those families desiring to welcome Mary into their homes is threefold.
- Make a special effort to avoid sin during her presence.
- Perform some form of penance or sacrifice during the week of her visit in reparation for sin.
- Pray the Rosary as a family in the presence of her statue each day, or at least whatever part of a Rosary can be accomplished.
A visitation will consist of the following:
- 1. The Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Mary is escorted to the home at the agreed date and time by no less than a pair of members of the local branch of the Legion of Mary in your parish, in this case, the Queen of All Saints praesidium.
- 2. The statue is enthroned and displayed at the location prepared by the family.
- 3. A brief welcome prayer is recited by all present led by the head of the family or his designate.
- 4. Each day the family fulfills their commitment to pray the rosary together for a week at a convenient time of their choosing. At the request of the family the Pilgrim Virgin Statue can extend its stay for up to another week if scheduling permits.
- 5. At the appointed date and time the members of the Legion of Mary return to the home, leads a short concluding prayer service, and escorts the Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Mary to the next family’s home.
Please note that we do not encourage preparation and serving of food during any of these visits to your home.
The secondary purpose of the home visitation program is the possibility of recruiting new active or auxilliary members for the local praesidium (Queen of all Saints) here at St. Josephine Bakhita parish. In contrast to active membership, the auxilliary membership in the Legion of Mary is an integral part of its life and mission. Their offering of fervent prayers and personal sacrifice are by no means least in the battle for salvation of souls.
But please understand that a home visitation in no way imposes any obligation whatsoever.
To arrange for a home family visitation please contact:
Aurora (905)814-9627 or Patricia (905)567 0345 or Ana (905) 821 2343 or send your request by email: firstname.lastname@example.org